Saturday, February 27, 2010

SPA Football case rip party @ "Addicted to Sports Cards"

This was up on our YouTube channel, but I just wanted to post it on the Blog. It was at the "Addicted to Cards" shop in Niles, IL [suburb of Chicago]. Just wanted to thank Dave at the shop for including us in on the party as well allowing us to record the break during the party.

Enjoy:


I wish all shops would do this. Over the past 6 years since I have been back in the hobby, this is the first time I ever took part in something like this at a shop. There was a feeling of a brotherhood between the customers. I had never met most of them, but they seemed to be very into the party. Dave also provided pizza and pop to keep up with the party theme. As you could see in the video, Dave had a few contests for items like McFarlane figures as well as jerseys and autographed items. Dave definitely knows how to keep his customers happy and keep them coming back for more. In conversations I've had with him in the past, it sounds like he and a couple of other local shop owners in the area formed a type of group to get better and competitive prices on the products they sell from wholesalers. And it's true, they are pretty close to online prices. I definitely hope that Dave and his shop stay in the industry for a long time!

- joe

No comments:

Post a Comment